At the Oakville Centre for Vision our reputation has always been to provide friendly, professional service with excellence in vision care and quality products. We will continue to provide that same service you have come to expect and to remain a leader in Vision Care, yet we have a new COVID-19 safe approach.
These unprecedented times have allowed us time to prepare for our re-opening. Our care will be at the same professional level with new measures for added safety for our patients and our team. While it is difficult to predict exactly what our new normal will look like moving forward, we understand that safety is the #1 concern for everyone.
To ensure that your visit is safe we have made changes outlined by the Ontario College of Optometrists:
- Plexiglass barriers on our Reception Desks
- Breath-screens on our instruments
- Increased use of Hand Sanitizers and Cleaning/Sanitizing measures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all of our team members
- Limiting touch points including paying for exams at the time of booking on the phone
- Limiting the number of patients in the office at one time
- Direct patient shipping for Contact Lens purchases and glasses purchases
- Secure parking lot pick-up
- Our new Tele-iCare platform for virtual appointments
– encrypted and confidential
For our patients, you will be:
- Advised to wear your own PPE or purchase it from our office prior to an in-office appointment (any profits donated to Optometry Giving Sight)
- Screened for symptoms by completing a questionnaire and having your temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer
- Asked to attend an in-office appointment alone without family members, if at all possible
- Using Tele-iCare to replace in-office visits
- Using Tele-iCare prior to entering to office
- to screen for COVID-19 issues
- take your case history
- measure your visual acuity
This is a time for change and our office has pivoted. We have some exciting plans for the future and look forward to serving our patients.
Dr. Ronald Gall